Visitor Services Associate (PT, 15-30 Hours per Week)
$11/hr, position open until filled.
Please download an employment application here. Please send your completed application to email@example.com.
The Visitor Services Associate is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service for the Museum Admissions and Store by creating a friendly and welcoming environment. The Museum seeks an outgoing and reliable individual who will be responsible for greeting visitors, selling admission tickets and memberships, as well as providing information on programs, events, exhibits, and general information.
- Operate the Museum’s Admission & Store.
- Ability to communicate the Museum’s programs and exhibits to the public.
- Process admissions, selling of merchandise and program tickets.
- Actively promote and sell Museum memberships.
- Booking of group visits and field trips.
- Able to handle large groups of Pre-Kindergarten and Senior Citizens
- Ordering of supplies.
- Cash handling.
- Answering phone lines and directing to appropriate staff.
- Create meaningful connections and fulfilling experience for guests.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Adheres to all WSC policies.
- Other tasks as required.
- Equivalent to completion of high school.
- One (1) year minimum of customer service experience.
- One (1) year minimum cash register experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Perform a wide variety of activities with accuracy and speed.
- Enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, and working with volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Knowledge of general office equipment and ability to operate Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Access, Word and Excel.
- Must be available on the weekdays, weekends, and occasional evenings.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess Class C California driver’s license.
Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, grasping, fine coordination, talking, hearing, and repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties. Specific vision requirements include the ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The team member will be required to work at a personal computer. Hearing is required when providing phone and counter services. Physical demands will include the ability to lift, drag, and push up to 35 pounds.