Visitor Services Associate
The Visitor Services Associate is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service in the Museum Admissions / Museum Store by creating a friendly, welcoming and informative environment for all Museum visitors. This person performs a variety of general visitor’s service duties including explaining Museum programs and exhibits to the public, processing admissions, selling Museum program tickets, memberships, and merchandise, booking group visits and field trips, merchandise processing, supply ordering, cash handling, answering phone lines and directing calls, and other work as required.
The goal of this position is to effectively communicate and show guests that they are welcomed and appreciated for their patronage, with the hope that they will have an enjoyable visit, return soon, and possibly join as members.
This position requires reliability, professionalism and excellent customer service skills. Strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a sometimes complex, fast –paced environment is required. Computer experience and cash register experience is a must. Retail, museum reception or other related experience is preferred. Attention to detail and a positive, friendly demeanor are mandatory.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year minimum of customer service experience
• 1 year minimum cash register experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills and communication
• Ability to work independently in the accomplishment of assigned duties
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Knowledge of general office equipment
• Knowledge and ability to operate Microsoft Office software including but not limited to Outlook, Access, Word, Excel
• Friendly, professional personality and appearance
• Excellent organizational skills
• Problem solving savvy
• Perform a wide variety of activities with accuracy and speed
• Must be able to handle diverse groups
• Must be available on the weekdays, weekends, and occasional evenings
Position requires prolonged standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement, and the accurate reporting of visitor information and merchandise sales using a computer keyboard or other means. Additionally, the position requires reading sales tickets, bar codes, purchase orders, and using a computer. Hearing is required when providing phone and counter service. The need to lift, drag, and push boxes and other materials weighing up to 35 pounds is required. Large groups may consist of Pre-Kindergarten through Senior Citizens.
Possession of a Class C California Driver’s License by date of appointment.
Full Job Description can be downloaded here.
Applications can be downloaded here.
Accepting applications through August 15, 2014 via fax at 951/791-0032. By mail, or drop off at:
Western Science Center
2345 Searl Parkway
Hemet CA 92543